Video and Content Marketing are hot topics, and only going to get hotter as they get bigger. One statistic by Cisco Systems estimates that 90% of web traffic will be driven by video by the end of 2013.
Video is just much easier to syndicate and the purpose of syndication is to try and get the video and your message or product in front of as many eyeballs as possible. Here are a few of the syndication possibilities:
- Post video to YouTube
- Embed a link on Facebook Fan page.
- Embed a link on OTHER PEOPLE’S Facebook pages
- Embed video on your website
- Get other people to embed your video on their websites
- Post video to iTunes as video podcast
Although video is established, in most market areas there are still few people using video effectively. Don’t be part of the 95% who are too afraid or too lazy or too overwhelmed to do video. Be part of the 5% who create significant competitive advantage for themselves and their online businesses.
Video is a great tool to put into your content marketing arsenal. Here are a few distinct advantages video has over traditional (i.e. written) content:
- Video can be syndicated more easily
- Video establishes your personality (and brand) faster
- Using video differentiates you from the competition
- Two words: Video testimonials.
- Video plays better on mobile devices.
(Shared content from Paul Wolfe)